THE NEW CONTAINER TERMINAL
PORT OF GÄVLE AND YILPORT INVEST TO ALLOW FOR MORE AND BIGGER SHIPS AT THE LARGEST CONTAINER TERMINAL ON THE SWEDISH EAST COAST
The capacity of the largest container terminal on the east coast is about to be doubled. Port of Gävle and Yilport are co-investing to meet the increasing demand for container transport. In the autumn of 2020 a new container terminal will be opened that will increase capacity to 600,000 TEU*. At the same time, we will create opportunities for more warehouses and for more companies to set up operations in close proximity to the port.
All global container shipping companies already transport through Port of Gävle, and now the container port will be expanded to be able to receive more and larger vessels.
* 1 TEU corresponds to a 20-foot container.
PORT OF GÄVLE AND YILPORT – A POWERFUL COMBINATION
Port of Gävle is a dynamic transportation hub with constant activity. Ships, trains and lorries dock, depart, load and Discharge; every hour of every day, all year round.
- Six terminals, of which the container port is the largest on the east coast.
- A unique location in the heart of central Sweden’s industrial region, with less than two hours to Stockholm
- Open around the clock
- Container Express shuttle train to Yilport Stockholm North
- Available land close to the quay
The combination of Port of Gävle and Yilport is very powerful.
Port of Gävle provides the infrastructure whilst Yilport manages operations, a stable and long-term cooperation that is much appreciated by the customers of the port.
NEW CONTAINER TERMINAL 2020
- Terminal surface area: 156.000 m2
- 2 quays: 720 metres
- Allow draft 12.2 m and 10.0 m
- AEO certified (Authorized Economic Operator)
- Border control for food imports
- Combi-terminal close to the docks
MORE AND LARGER VESSELS
- Ships with 15 containers’ width (600.000 Teu)
- 4 ships at the same time
- Capacity: 600,000 TEU